If I could have the time to reread any book today it would have to be Marley & Me by John Grogan. Reading about how much Marley was loved helped me to fall back in love with my own little dog Mason at a time when I needed to be reminded of that. After my son was born Mason lost a place in my heart for a while. My focus was so dialed into Ian that Mason got pushed out of the picture. Reading about Marley reminded me of my love for Mason and helped to bring him back into my focus. Now I can enjoy Mason's company again and give him a snuggle without feeling like I am cheating on my son.
Marley & Me was such a good, moving book. John Grogan has a way of writing that really helped to bring you into his memories. I found myself laughing and crying and understanding what some of those moments felt like. I would love to have time to reread Marley & Me and revisit such wonderful emotions.
Growing up my family always had lots of dogs. Often we had three at a time and they were like furry siblings to me. I dedicate this post to all those dogs that have been a part of my life. (I will name all the ones I can remember, some are foggy from when I was very young.)
Jean, Holly, Bonnie, Lucy, Rita, Dana, Mulder, Jessica, and my little furbaby Mason.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).