I am going to be a bookworm the rest of this year. Thanks to some gift cards I earned through my employers wellness program I bought a huge stack of books at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I have enough reading to last me a long time; now I just need the time to read.
My reading list is as follows; including some books I already had to read and the books I purchased for Ian as well. I never buy a book for myself without buying Ian a new book as well.
I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley (I'm reading this one first, so far very good)
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult (still sitting on my shelf since last book purchase)
Things I Leaned About My Dad: Humorous and Heartfelt Essays by Heather B Armstrong (I love Heather website Dooce.com and I would read anything she published)
Rage Against The Meshugenah: Why It Takes Balls To Go Nuts by Danny Evans (pre-ordered, book from one my favorite bloggers at Dad Gone Mad)
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (they are making this book into a movie, so I thought I would give it a read)
The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death: Reflections on Revenge, Germophobia, and Laser Hair Removal by Laurie Notaro (picked at random in the humor section, hope it's good)
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein (Ian needs the classics)
Grumpy Gloria by Anna Dewdney (very cute story, reminds me of Mason)
Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney (we love, love, love the Llama Llama books and now we have them all)
The Pigeon Has Feelings Too by Mo Williems (Mo Williems is our favorite kids author)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).