Back months ago while I was on maternity leave after Ian was born I came across a link to a way to decode your baby's cries and it was about the Dunstan Baby Language. It explained that there are a few sounds that all babies make that have meaning. It was very interesting to think my tiny infant could tell me some of what he needed if I just knew what to listen for. I found that Ian made a few of these sounds and they really seemed to mean what Dunstan said they did.
These are the sounds and what they are to mean.
EH - I need to burp
NEH - I'm hungry
OWH - I'm sleepy
HEH - I'm uncomfortable
EAIR - I'm gassy
Ian made the sounds EH, NEH and HEH pretty regularly. It was really cool to have a little insight into his needs. As time went on Ian seemed to stop making these noises; that or I just got use to his cues for what he needed and I don't pay attention to the sounds anymore. Either way it is a pretty cool bit of information to know if you have a new baby or one on the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).