Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Review

This weekend my friend Sarah came to visit on Saturday.  My best days lately are when Sarah and I can get together.  It may be corny but she really does complete me, and we can just be happily around each other without feeling like we have to entertain each other or do fancy things to have fun.  (Thank you Sarah for making it the best weekend!)

We went out to a craft fair and ended up only buying food items, including a bunch of dip and cheese ball mixes that should be really delicious for the holidays.  Sadly most of the crafts were either not our style or grossly out of our price range (and in some cases very over priced for what they were selling.)  It was still very fun to walk around among the booths chatting away.

Later in the evening we were joined by my friend Chantel and the three of us went to Ladies Night Out downtown.  It is an event that raises money for a women's initiative organization and helps to promote shopping in the local shops downtown.  We started at the old Broadway Theater where we made our donations in exchange for t-shirts and bags of goodies and coupons from the shops downtown.  Then they did some giveaways for gift cards.  Chantel was ONE NUMBER OFF from winning the largest prize.  Go figure. 

We three ladies shopped around downtown and ended out evening at a salon that was doing some services for free.  We all chose a paraffin wax dip for our hands...and it was amazing, leaving our hands soft.  I would definitely do that again.  

After Sarah headed for home on Sunday Chris, Ian and I went to Sam's Club and took in the samples.  Ian ate like a horse!  I couldn't believe how the kid that hardly eats was putting away the sample items that interested him.  Whoa!  After that we went to Menards and got new Christmas lights for our front window and tree.  I have wanted to upgrade to LED for the last couple of years and this year we are making the leap.  The lights I picked for the front window are AWESOME!  They are the usual icicle lights, but they have what looks like a real icicle every foot that has lights inside, that when turned on make it look like it is dripping.  I am in love with them and would love to deck the whole front of the house in them! 

Our final act for the weekend was raking leaves in the back yard.  My arms still feel a bit like jelly from that and we didn't even finish because it got too dark to work.  I do not look forward to completing that task.  The one thing about fall that I really just don't like. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! 

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a wonderful weekend!! Friends & family...perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).