Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bits and Pieces

1.  I already orders and shipped a Christmas gift to someone.  This would be the earliest I have EVER shopped for Christmas.  EVER. 

2.  This weekend I gave Ian some yogurt bites (freeze dried yogurt) as a snack to hold him over until breakfast.  While I was in the shower he finished them and asked his dad for more.  After Chris poured another helping into the little bowl, Ian looked up at him and said in his best impatient voice, "That's not enough!"

3.  My experimentation with the oil cleansing method is going pretty well.  I don't think I have the right combination for my skin yet, but I have been pretty happy with the results so far.  Happy enough to keep trying but not happy enough to rave about how awesome this method is yet.  I will keep you posted on my progress.  

4.  Last night I tried cleaning my hair with baking soda for the first time.  I have read there is sometimes a period of adjustment for your hair after changing over to from shampoo, because your scalp is used to producing more oils to make up for what shampoo strips away.  Because of that, I won't say it is a complete failure for me.  My hair is pretty oily this morning, and does not look very good.  The part that I am not sold on is that my scalp is very itchy today.  I am going to try it a few more times and just go with how my scalp feels. 

5.  I think that it is time to start breaking out the holiday movies!  My favorites are Mixed Nuts, Home for the Holidays, Love Actually, Last Holiday, Holiday, and A Christmas Story.  I can't wait to start watching my way through my favorites.  Do you have favorite holiday related movies that you love to watch every year? 

6.  The book club I am a part of decided to exchange Christmas gifts and I am more excited about this than I probably should be.  I can't wait to share a little something with the ladies!  We have such vastly different backgrounds, different taste in books and yet we all get along so well and (so far) have enjoyed all the books we have read together.  Book club is one of my favorite things these days.

7.  We are hosting Thanksgiving again this year.  We bought the turkey this weekend, and thanks to an awesome sale at the store Tommy was really cheap too!  (Meijer is discounting turkeys $9 off turkeys over 10 lbs, and $16 off for turkeys over 16 lbs. this week if you are in the area that has that store.)  Now I have to come up with the rest of the sides and start getting items.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner!  

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're trying out all these new things for me. Keep me posted, okay?

    I started making a couple of gifts, though I haven't completed any. Does that count? (No, it doesn't, not at all.)

    Love Actually has become a holiday tradition here. That movie is made of awesome.

    And I'm also ridiculously excited for our book club gifties. You girls are such a great group for fun and laughs and cheering each other on. I'm so glad our little club has come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are probably going to Maggiano's for Thanksgiving again this year. We did it last year and it was so great. This year we're getting together with another family and I think that's where we'll all go. Easier than cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).