Monday, August 24, 2009

The Teeth Are Coming

I don't know what planet I was on this last week, but for some reason it did not occur to me that there could be a link to my moody son and possible teething. I must really be more sleep deprived than I though.

We have already been through cutting six teeth so I am very familiar with the signs of teething. Crying, grumpy, not eating as much, drooling, mild fever. I know this. This last week Ian was just a cry baby and I got reports from his day care on several days that he just wanted to be cuddled or would just cry for no reason. Since he just had vaccinations last Friday I just chalked it up to something that came along with that.

Saturday night Ian was up in my face hooting and hollering trying to get my attention away from my computer, so he could steal it no doubt. I looked over at him and I saw a new tooth had popped though the gums, and it looked like another was going to pop soon. I was shocked and suddenly the last week started to make since to me.

So I got Ian's toothbrush and started to brush his teeth so I could get a good look in his mouth and inspect the new "toofers." As I brushed I noticed something on the bottom in the back of his mouth. This little boy has a frickin' molar! The darn thing is pretty well in too. How did I miss that one? They can't come in that fast can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).