Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just Keep Swimming

Take a deep breath and count to ten. Do you feel better now? If yes, then you are doing better than me tonight.

I feel frazzled and frayed. I don't really know why but everything is getting on my nerves more than usual tonight. The dog is not listening. Ian sprinkled his milk on the floor instead of drinking it, again. The neighbor kid is playing his drums as loud as he can manage. Usually I can let this stuff slide off my back like water on a duck...but not tonight.

I feel like going to see a movie, or riding my new bike, or going for a walk. I feel like doing anything but the things I must do, like folding the laundry or being here to comfort Ian when the drumming next door wakes him up.

It is just one of those nights when I feel like I would love to walk in someone else's shoes just to get away for a while.

When I feel like this I always think of Finding Nemo. What on earth could Finding Nemo have to do with feeling out of sorts and ready to quit you ask? It is that part when Dori and Marlin have to go down into the depths of the ocean and Dori sings, "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming."

I just need to keep swimming.

1 comment:

  1. I say that phrase all the time...Just Keep Swimming...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).