There is just something about this time of year that I do love...back to school shopping! Stores put out all these great items for back to school and they are always bargain basement cheap. It is the perfect time to stock up on craft supplies like paper for $0.20 a pad, pens for $1.00, crayons just $0.15, colored pencils for $1.00, markers for $1.00, highlighters only$0.49, etc.
One year I got a super cheap dry erase board that looks like an old world map. I super glued a bunch of magnets to the back and it now takes up half of the side of my refrigerator and is the nerve center of my families organization. We use it to make to do lists, leave important reminders, and to stick important papers to. To go with it I purchased dry erase markers in an assortment of colors, a magnetic pen holder and magnetic eraser. We can't live without it.
Last year I purchased two new area rugs for my bedroom and for Ian's bedroom. They were a really fluffy shag style that is super cushy. Any other time of year they would have been double the price and really hard to find.
I have already stocked up on art supplies for Ian so that he can learn to color and draw this year. I also refreshed my supply of pens and highlighters for my various tasks throughout the year. I also want to look for some storage baskets to help organize our bookshelf.
While I dread the college kids returning to our college town home, it is always fun to get the bargains that come along with this time of year. It won't be long until we have a little school boy that we have to buy new backpacks, lunch boxes, and supplies for. Then back to school time will get to be even more fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).