My mom told me that today there were a ton of pigeons in front of her house and they all flew away together. I imagine that was quiet the sight to behold.
For some reason it reminds me of the summer we had ducks. They were not our ducks but every day they would come and hang out on our suburban street for the day and fly off toward the lake at sunset. They were mallards, two males and a female.
The first day it was amazing to see ducks in the front yard. We didn't leave near the water by any stretch, and never before have we had ducks in the area. Pigeons yes, but never ducks.
What was even more amazing was that these three ducks returned every day for weeks that summer. They came to our house so often that we started to feed them bits of bread. We even bought a kiddie pool and feeder fish for them.
It is an amazing memory from my childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).