Me: Ian do you want a banana?
Ian: [He shakes his head side to side indicating to me that he does not feel like that banana.]
Me: Would you eat this mango if I cut it up?
Ian: [He looks at the mango with his head tilted to one side, clearly thinking about it. Then he shakes his head quickly from side to side.]
Me: How about a snack cup of cereal?
Ian: [Frustratedly shakes his head violently from side to side while scowling at me.]
Me: [opening the cupboard and taking out a pouch] Ian do you want a pouch of GoGo squeeZ applesauce?
Ian: [slowly shaking his head up and down Ian snatches the pouch from my hand and sucks it down.]
I find it so difficult some days to get my son to eat good foods. All he ever seems to beg for are snack foods, and he always wants them to be something he can take on the go because sitting still to a 20 month old is just not happening.
Recently a company started following me on Twitter. I had not heard of them before but since they took the time to follow me, I took the time to search for a little information on them. This company was called GoGo squeeZ and they make applesauce in a pouch! (You have to go and check out their website and watch the intro, the little characters are just too adorable!)
After reading over the information on the GoGo squeeZ website, I wanted to give the product a try. It sounded like something Ian would go nuts for, and I was excited to possibly find something healthy my son would actually consume. The nearest place to get the GoGo squeeZ was in Saginaw, which is a little over and hour away from our house. So the next time my husband headed that way for a Saginaw Spirit hockey game I asked him to stop and pick up a package for Ian to try.
I was ecstatic that Ian loved the GoGo squeeZ so much, that we made a special trip to Saginaw to stock up on more!
Now I take a pouch of GoGo squeeZ with me whenever we are out and about so I can give Ian a healthy snack on the go. He walks around with the pouch hanging out of his mouth until he has it sucked dry.
**This post is my entry in the Happy Kid Snacking Contest from GoGo squeeZ.**
Monday, April 19, 2010
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with the contest! This was a good pitch.
ReplyDelete