Twenty-four Tuesdays a year my show is on. NCIS is my favorite show and haven't missed an episode since I started watching at the end of season one.
Tonight was NCIS night. I gave Ian a bath before and got him all ready for bed, and set him to the living room to wind down with his Daddy, who would then put him to bed, while I watched NCIS in my bedroom.
A short while later Chris comes to the bedroom door with a dumbfounded look on his face. I was instantly worried something happened. After, first telling me everything was fine he explained what happened.
He asked Ian if he was ready for bed, and Ian shook his head no. So Chris told him he thought he should be heading to bed now.
Ian then calmly walked down the hallway, opened his bedroom door and waited inside for his Daddy to catch up. When Chris got into Ian's room, he told Ian to get into bed. Ian climbed into bed and started to suck his thumb, so Chris said good night can closed the door.
We haven't heard a peep from his since.
Are you kidding me?
It usually takes me quite a while to get him to stay in bed! Hand holding. A few times through singing "You Are My Sunshine." Ahhh...
How do Daddy's work magic like this?
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah! Way to go Ian!
ReplyDelete