I received my beautiful Lisa Leonard necklace last week. I love it and I have worn it every day since it came. Lisa is an amazing artist and I can't wait until I can afford to buy another piece of her gorgeous jewelry.During the epic cleaning of the front entry closet I rediscovered several things I forgot that I owned. One of those things is the silver bangle bracelet in the picture above. It was a gift from my Aunt Sophie so long ago I don't even recall how old I was. I believe she brought it back from a vacation to Mexico. It has spent probably the last decade in my keepsake box blackened with tarnish. When I saw it in that box I pulled it out immediately and planned to buy some silver polish to clean it up. I never got around to getting that polish. Today I noticed the blacken piece in the box I use to store my jewelry and decided to do something about it finally. Online I found that you can polish silver with a paste of baking soda and water rubbed on with a soft cloth. I didn't have high hopes but I rubbed that paste on with a paper towel during my lunch hour. In just minutes it was sparkling and I wore it back to work for the afternoon. Nothing like something old that is new again.
Super cute necklace!
ReplyDelete