Sunday, October 04, 2009

Da Bears

This weekend I worked on cleaning out our entryway closet. It had become so overrun with stacked totes that there wasn't any room to hang coats. So I cleaned it out and consolidated things so there was more room. I ended with two empty totes that I can use for the clothes Ian grows out of.

During my work I found two of my old teddy bears from when I was a kid. I called them Mean Bear and Earl. I have been saving them as tokens of my youth all these years but for what? Since they are (ahem) 30 years old (ugh) I thought that I would let Ian play with them a bit before I put them in the trash. Mean Bear and Earl are in pretty rough shape, with holes in the seams, ears nearly falling off, and ratty coats. It is a shame to see them go after all this time, but they have done their service to me and it is time for them to go to their final resting place.

Since it is nearly their time to go I thought I would take a few pictures of them to remember them by. So here is Mean Bear (left) and Earl (right). I am sure you can see why I named Mean Bear...he has a very mean looking face. You would think that would scare a kid or something but I liked it. I named Earl after my uncle because he and my aunt Angie gave me this bear.

Funny what you remember about your youth through objects like these...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).