I worked on making some fall leaf garlands for my living room windows to dress things up for fall. I was so excited to be able to pull my pumpkin collection back out for the season.
My dad is so very indulgent of Ian. Ian wanted him to wear the cowboy hat, and so he did for quite a while, until Ian wanted it back. Note how it is covered in dog fur and is getting all ragged. It is one well worn and well loved little hat.
While Isabelle was over I brought out the tent and tunnel for them to play with because it is a favorite. They sure to enjoy chasing each other around and through the tunnel.
Ian put on a show for us all with his tumbling skills, throwing himself across the room and doing backwards somersaults off the couch.
On Sunday Dan and Chantel had us over for a yummy dinner of Mexican lasagna, and then Chantel watched Ian for a while so Chris and I could go do some uninterrupted work around the house. I worked on painting Ian's bedroom door, that Chris cut off so it will shut properly. Chris worked on getting the old snow blower up and running. We traded the old snow blower for a mattress set so we wanted to get it in tiptop shape before delivering it to its new owners, Dan and Chantel. Ian got to play and have craft time with Isabelle. They decorated door hangers for their bedrooms. Ian hung his in the living room while he is without a door. Hopefully I will finish painting it tonight!
Finally, I wanted to mention a little update about my Etsy shop...I had my first two sales! Now I need to work on some new products and advertising. It is so exciting having a good reason to sew. Last week I worked on a non-Etsy order to make curtains for Isabelle's bedroom. I was happy with the way they turned out and decided to put on my list of things to go making some curtains my my room as well to brighten it up a little.
I hope you all have a good week.
I wondered where you were all weekend - now I know! I love that you have friends down the street to trade kid duties, especially since the kids get along so well.
ReplyDeleteI had my sewing class on Saturday and I'm excited to start making... something!!! Thank you for recommending the class!