Friday, March 12, 2010

Wii Are Getting Fit

Yesterday our Wii Fit Plus arrived!  Finally!!!

Many months ago Chris and I decided that with some money from our income tax refund we would purchase a Wii and Wii Fit Plus as a little present to ourselves.  (The rest of the refund would go to paying of debt, and it did.)  So in the weeks leading up to when we get said refund we see Wii's in various stores and long for the day that we could take one home for ourselves. 

Fast forward to the day we get our refund...we went to FIVE stores (every possible place in town that sells Wii) and not a one had it in stock!  My husband called around trying to find one anywhere within an hours drive from our home and suddenly where there were Wii's everywhere there were none to be found!

About a week later we gave up and ordered one online from a big box store, playing a whopping $30 shipping charge for it.  Steep, but we really wanted the darn thing!

So next up was the Wii Fit Plus with the balance board.  Yeah, good luck finding one of those anywhere, in stores or online.  Apparently, according to a nice associate at one of the stores we contacted, Nintendo stopped production for a while and they were not available anywhere.  Until the other day!  Chris just happened to check out the same big box store website we got the Wii from and they had the Wii Fit Plus in stock!  We ordered immediately.

So back to yesterday, we got the Wii Fit Plus and I quickly hooked it up to check it out.  I was a little concenred I would be disappointed after all the waiting but I wasn't...not one little bit.  The exersises really seemed to work me more than I expected and the games are down right fun.  I am so glad we decided to get this and work toward getting fit.

We played with the Wii Fit Plus most of the evening.  Ian even got in on the fun by climbing on the balance board while I was doing tests.  He threw things off quite a bit, but can you really blame him for wanting to get in on the fun?

My goal in the program is pretty steep but since Wii Fit is so much fun I think that I might actually have a chance to make some serious progress. 

1 comment:

  1. I could have wrote this post myself!!! I decided that I would buy the Wii and the Wii fit Plus as a little treat to myself and then could not find it anywhere. I finally found the Wii but then couldn't find the Wii Fit Plus, until I finally caught it online and bought it. Mine came today and I'm at work so I can't wait to get home and try it out!!! Glad you found one!!! I too was getting frustrated and wondering why I even wanted on in the first place!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).