Saturday, March 13, 2010

Done and Done

Well I was very productive today and managed to not only get all of the flatware wrapped in napkins and tied with a pretty little bow, but I also wrapped up my gift to the bride-to-be.  The wedding colors are pink and black, if you can't tell already.  Now I don't want to brag (no wait, I do) but I think that present looks pretty darn nice.  As a bonus I also made the ribbons easy to remove (making them tear away in the back*) so the bride-to-be won't have to struggle with them...because we all know how embarrassing that can be.





*To make ribbons tear away cut multiple strands of ribbon so they will just make it around the box once.  Hold the ribbons together and tape one end to the back of the package so it will be hidden.  Smooth the ribbons around the package and tape the other end in the same place as you taped the first side.  Repeat for the other side.  Then when the person opening the package tears into the paper the ribbons just fall away without any trouble, but they look great until then.  

Note: I got the wrapping paper and the fancy bow from Walgreen's, and they are both Hallmark brand.  The pink ribbon is from a craft store and is just simple cloth ribbon; total length 6 yards.

3 comments:

  1. Wow they look great and your gift is simply gorgeous! You are good at that stuff!!! Thanks for doing the silverware! Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, what a sweet gift :)
    thanks for stopping in at my blog! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nice. I am just mailing our reply card today! We are coming....looking forward to it. Your mother...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).