Thursday, September 03, 2009
Reminder
Last week we were reminded that we need to stick a little closer to our budget. It was several days before our next payday and our bank account was down to $33. All the bills were paid, no major harm done. The experience of creatively making meals with what we already had in the house, and eliminating eating out for 5 days reminded me of the struggles of families all over our country right now. We were, and are, lucky. We only had to stop spending money for 5 days. There are families out there who can't pay their bills or feed their children. I am thankful for the reminder of how very fortunate and blessed we are.
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Makes you wonder how some families do it. I spoiled my kids and got them used to beef when things were good. Now, in leaner times, they take chicken thighs as a personal insult! lol
ReplyDelete