Last week I bought myself a journal. Lately I have been feeling a little overwhelmed and unorganized. I thought that writing down all those thoughts and lists that I have floating around in my head might help me to gain a little perspective.
So far I have started writing my bucket list. It is a list of things that I want to do before I die. It is by no means absolute or all inclusive but my thought is that committing it to writing is the first step. Next step is planing to complete some of my bucket list items.
So here is my list so far in no particular order and including things or parts of things that I have already done.
Travel to Greece
Travel to Paris
Travel to London
Travel to Italy
Travel to Los Angeles
Travel to Las Vegas
Write a book
Grow a vegetable garden
Have another baby
Gain 12 regular followers on my blog
Purchase my own domain (Done)
Pay off all credit card debit
Send flowers or a gift to someone at random to brighten their day
Try five different types of fish (Done: tilapia, salmon)
Try ten different types of vegetables I haven't had before (Done: beets, eggplant)
Make baklava from scratch
Have a family portrait taken
Get a tattoo (I have the design picked, I just need the guts to do it)
Be a stay-at-home or work-at-home mom for at least part of my kids young lives
Volunteer regularly
Get personal calling cards made (Done!)
Learn American Sign Language
Have a Cool Whip food fight
Buy a custom blog layout for my family blog
Buy a customized Lisa Leonard necklace with Ian's name
Get my passport and use it
Meet one of my favorite bloggers in person
Attend BlogHer
Own a Nikon Coolpix p90 or Nikon D60 camera
Learn to ballroom dance
Take Ian to see New York City
Take Ian to Florida (Disney, NASA)
Take Ian to Chicago
Take Ian to see the Grand Canyon
Take Ian to Washington DC
Buy and learn to use a sewing machine
So, that is what I have so far. I am sure as my life goes on things will come and go from my list.
Anyone want to help me check something off my list?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be careful about getting a tattoo...once you realize that they don't hurt as much as you thought, they're super addicting!
ReplyDelete