Here is my list of grievances, in no particular order...and yes I would like a little cheese to go with my whine. I sharp cheddar would be lovely...thanks.
1. That is just haven't won the lotto already. I keep making my husband buy tickets but we never win squat. It isn't like I want the big money, just some money to pay off a credit card or two. I really don't think it is that much to ask the universe for. I am a nice person (mostly) and I do the right thing (almost every time) so I think that it is time for my karma to kick in already.
2. My son is sick. Nothing serious, thankfully, but still it isn't fair none the less. I hate being helpless and unable to make him feel better. I will be happy when he is back to being his bubbly, smiling self.
3. I wish that my husband would do more around the house without the inevitable nagging. I feel bad that he isn't doing more to help out. I feel bad for being the "bad" wife and being a nag to get him to help out. I feel bad that I am overwhelmed and can't seem to get it all done myself because I feel like I should be able to. The truth is I can't get it all done, and it drives me crazy that I have no time to get the general chores done, let alone do something I want to do (like watch an episode of NCIS that I missed two weeks ago).
4. It sucks that I don't relate to the people that I work with. I am a decade (or two in some cases) younger than pretty much everyone else in my office. So as you can pretty much imagine I pretty much keep to myself (and blog to fill the time when I am caught up on work.) There are two people in the building my age...sadly I don't get to speak with them much. Hopefully in the (near) future some more folk in my generation will start working here, that or I could miraculously find another job, or even better win the lotto and get to stay home with my son.
5. The seasons are changing and that means two things: I am going to get a sinus infections (it is inevitable and it sucks) and I need to buy new spring/summer clothes. I was pregnant last summer and I have lost weight from where I was the summer before that so I have pretty much no warm weather wear. I was looking in my closet the other day and I have, count them, 3 short sleeve shirts! Only 3!!! I have NO capri pants and NO shorts...and I am not even sure my old sandals will still fit because feet shrink when you loose weight too. Not that I am complaining about losing the weight, I couldn't be happier about that, but it is still tough to have to start from scratch with your wardrobe especially when you just spent pretty much your whole savings on carpet and a new vacuum. Boo.
6. My house is a mess. It still isn't put back together fully from when we got the carpet installed and it drives me crazy to feel like we are in limbo still. I have a laundry list of things that need to be done or moved, and no time to get it done.
7. I have NO sick time left. My leave stores were used up on my maternity leave and since then every time I earn more time I have to use it because Ian is not feeling well and cannot go to day care. We don't have anyone I trust to watch Ian for the day when he can't go to day care, so I have to take time to do it myself. Oh well...at least I have a job and it is flexible enough to allow me to be off to tend to my son at all.
I think that is enough complaining for one day. One of my faults is to see the down side, so I must try to not cling to it. So I am going to work on paying down debt so I don't need that lotto winnings, assign my husband some jobs around the house, look for clearance clothes to fill our my wardrobe, and make up a master plan to prioritize what needs to be done around the house. I can control the things within my means and the rest I need to work on letting go of.
"It is a fault to cling to a fault." Confucius
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).