Wednesday, April 01, 2009

O is for Observations

"By watching and listening we learn infinitely more than we do from any books. Books are necessary, but watching and listening sharpen your senses." - Krishnamurti

I love to people watch. It is one of my most favorite of past times. Out shopping, at the park, hockey games, or just in the office at work...it is like entertainment everywhere I go.

Somethings I have heard and/or seen recently that have amused me:

At Meijer while shopping for groceries I saw a boy shopping who looked like he was about 12 years old, dressed like his skateboard was parked outside on a half pipe. His cart was full of Kid Cuisine frozen meals, chips, and generally just junk food. I felt really bad for the kid. Why was he alone shopping? Do his parents feed him? Where did he get the money for all that junk food? I guess I will never know but at least her would have a few rounded meals with the frozen dinners.

At the office I overheard one of our students talking about being old. She said something to the effect of how gross it was to get old, "like when your 30." There was such disgust in her tone and it was clear that she thought thirty was equivalent to being the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt. I felt like jumping up and saying "Hey now! I'm 30 and I am NOT gross!" I, of course, kept it to myself so I wouldn't get caught listening or get a dirty look as if I was about to keel over dead from age. I just laugh about it now...because she is 21 and 30 is just around the corner for her. BUHAHAHAHA, welcome to gross honey!

When I use to have the luxury of going to Saginaw Spirit games with Chris we would occasionally have seats in a certain section of the upper bowl in the arena. A woman, who clearly had season tickets in said section, was always screaming and cursing out the team. It was usually just random things that often did not make any sense. I was certain that she was just screaming for the sake of hearing her own voice. She reminded me of the guy at the end of Robin Hood: Men in Tights that yells to the Abbot during the wedding ceremony "Hey Abbot!" The Abbot then says "I hate that guy." under his breath. So I started calling her the Hey Abbot lady, and I requested we be in any section but that one when I was going along to a game.

And finally, there is the God is my Co-Pilot truck I have blogged about before. When will people realize that they cannot trust God to drive? He really isn't that good behind the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).