Everyone has nicknames. Names they are called. Names they call others. Some are good and endearing. Others are downright meant with meanness.
Mine are:
Lin or Lindy - something my family calls me, and I wish that I went by Lin instead of Melinda
Wife or Wifey - something my husband calls me (oh joy, but better than Woman)
Aahhh - something my son calls me when he wants me (we are working on Mama)
Mel or Minda - nicknames my friends call me
Clifford or Ka-lou-fee-oh- a play on my maiden name that I was called in grade school
Ma-Lin-DUH - another lovely name I was called in grade school
Nicknames I have for others:
Mason:
Pug or Puggy or Doggie - because he is one
Poopie - a combination of Puppy and Poo (meaning you little $hit)
Ian:
My little man - because he is
Bubba - because he is such a big, rough and tumble boy
Pumpkin - doesn't everyone call their kid pumpkin?
Monkey - if this kid could cling to my back like a baby monkey he so would
What are your nicknames???
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I used to be Shirl-Girl when I was working. My boss started that. Now I don't have a nickname anymore. The dog thinks I am "Momma". haha
ReplyDelete