"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
My house is full of junk. Stuff we don't need. Stuff we don't use. Stuff we don't want. I feel that it is time to purge ourselves of the useless junk and make way for new, useful for now, junk.
So far I have two boxes full to go to Goodwill and I am pretty sure that if I had the opportunity to work sorting our things I could probably fill two more boxes very quickly. We have what can only be described as mountain of stuff shoved into our back room/laundry room. Imagine the storage space we could clear up if we got rid of the junk.
So my goals are to take a load to Goodwill this week before we get the carpet installed. In the near future I would like to go through the back room and clear out another load of items to donate and a pile of items that need to be recycled or tossed out. Then we need to sort the tools into what is ours and what needs to be returned to my dad and Chris' dad. After doing this we might actually be able to fit a small chest freezer in that room so we can buy meat in bulk to save some money. So that is my ultimate goal.
Be the change!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish your thinking could rub off on your father....he is the ultimate pack rat and our house looks like a rat's nest.
ReplyDelete