Last night I made my son cry.
Ian and I were snuggled in my bed and were watching a YouTube video of three pug puppies having a bath. They were so cute and roly-poly, so we were oohing and aahing over them and their cuteness. Ian turns to me as the video ends and says he wants three pugs and we should get a puppy.
This is a pretty common request, but the simple fact is that we just don't have the room in our house for a third dog no matter how much any of us might want one. The house is just too small and we are in not position to move.
Thinking I would be funny and make him laugh, thus distracting him from begging for another dog, I told him we didn't have room for a third dog and if we got one we would have to get rid of Daddy to make room.
It did not go over well. Right away I could see his gears turning for a minute, then he went running out to the living room, bawling to his Daddy about having to get rid of him so we could get a puppy.
Mom fail!
I explained to Ian that we were not going to get rid of Daddy to get a puppy, we were simply not going to get a puppy. He calmed down some, but was still upset that we couldn't get a puppy. So we had to watch some Special Agent Oso to get over it.
I think next time I want to distract him from begging I am just going to point across the room and shout "squirrel" instead.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAHA awww poor Ian!! Either way that is lose/lose for him, lol. Glad no one is getting rid of his daddy though, lol
ReplyDelete