Thursday, March 29, 2012

My First Quilt

Not that long back I purchased two bundles of fabric fat quarters that had a similar color scheme.  I had intended on making some banners with the fabric, so I cut it all up into perfect little triangles.  It was all ready to go but I just lost interest in making the banners.

So after looking at the pile of triangles for a few weeks I decided to try making a quilt out of them.  The colors went well together and they were already cut into shapes I could work with.  I always wanted to try a quilt and was a little nervous...so using something that was already scrap didn't feel like too much pressure.

So I looked around on my favorite place, Pinterest, for some guidance.  I found this tutorial for a scrap fabric quilt of triangles, via Stitched in Color.  I used it as a guide for putting together my quilt.  So below are a few pictures I took along the way.

My first quilt in progress (what did I get myself into?)

Quilt top





The quilt ended up being around 3 foot by 4 foot big just using the fabric I had on hand already cut up in triangles.  Had I thought about making a quilt from the start I would have bought more fabric and made it larger.  But in all, I think it was a really good starter.  I learned a lot from the mistakes I made along the way.  Thankfully those mistakes around not obvious when you look at the finished project unless you look closely.  I'm pretty happy with the result.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the colors, they go perfectly together, and I can't see a singe flaw. Beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's adorable, and I agree with Annelie; I don't see any mistakes! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I especially love the coordinating fabric on the back. I need to make another now...hmmmn.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).