Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Duh

A true story.  (Personal details changed so I don't get into trouble.)

Someone: Did you get my email?  I keep sending it but it comes back saying it didn't go through.

Me: No, I have not received any emails.  Are you sending it to email@email.com?

Someone: Yes.

Me:  Well, let me send a message to that mailbox to see if it is experiencing a server problem.

Someone:  I didn't put the "at" in, does that matter?

Me:  Yes, it won't go through unless you type out the full email address with the "at" symbol.

Someone: Ok.


P.S. I still haven't gotten the email.  


I keep forgetting there are still people out there that do not know how to internet.  It is so much a part of my life that I guess I take having knowledge and access for granted.  Hopefully the person above gets email figured out. 

3 comments:

  1. Haha, that's funny. My sister recently got a laptop and internet connection. She's so amazed by it. "There are all these IDEAS and things!!!" Yes, sister, welcome to the internet - it's very shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is hilarious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! :) I guess the Internet Postmaster just couldn't look past the lack of an "@" to see where it was supposed to end up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).