Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Review

We had a very busy weekend of Halloween activities.  We went out shopping to the Halloween store in town and Ian picked out some fun dress up stuff, which he tried out with his buddy Isabelle.  Ian kept saying the funny glasses were like daddy, which I still can't stop giggling about.

photo 1.JPG

Chris' mom came to watch Ian so Chris and I could attend our friend's Halloween party.  Ian and his grandma had a lot of fun hanging out while Chris and I got all dressed up as a cowboy and Cleopatra for the party.  Our friends hosting the party went as a Greek goddess and Maverick from Top Gun.  My favorite part of the party was playing Apples to Apples for the first time, which was a blast. 

photo 5.JPG

On Sunday we took the kids to the pumpkin patch to pick out one last pumpkin to carve before Halloween.  We traipsed around in the cold and picked out pumpkins and then carved them up.  The kids helped with the scooping while the moms did all the cutting.  Meanwhile, the dads watched hockey on both the TV and computer (men!) while minding the kids.

photo.JPG

It was a fun weekend, and I am so happy that Chris' mom came so we could go to the party.  It was a lot more fun than we imagined and we are both really happy we could go. 

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like your Cleopatra costume--very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had such a fun time at the party! Your costumes were great and I love Ian in the silly glasses. Having just spent the weekend around my nieces and nephews, I can definitely say that Halloween seems more fun when there are smallish children involved!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).