The things Ian says never stop amazing me and sending me into fits of laughter. I want to start blogging them more so I won't forget.
I pointed out some geese flying in the sky to Ian. He didn't see them but wanted to let me know he understood exactly what I was talking about, "Oh, duck duck goose up there!" Yes, Ian that is exactly what they are doing up there, except they manage it while flying in a V shape. Fancy!
This morning Ian was hobbling across the living room like someone was wrong with his foot. He sat down and said, "What's that? A sticker? That's weird!" Meanwhile he peeled off the offending sticker and tossed it back on the floor. That is apparently where stickers belong, however it is highly suspect that they would then transfer to your foot. Just imagine! The nerve of that sticker.
When we go to the car in the morning Ian usually asks "where is the moon?" like he is indignant that it should not be visible when he wants to gaze upon its glow. Sadly, I don't have a video of this because it is all in his tone. He is fully resistant to learning about the phases of the moon or those pesky clouds. He just expects to see that bright, gleaming moon above him when it is dark out. No exceptions!
We received a Toys R Us ad in the mail with a coupon stuck on the front. Ian was excited and asked to see it the moment he saw it. I told him he could have it after I was done with it and I unceremoniously ripped the sticker off the front to save for Christmas shopping. He looked at me wide eyed, "You ripped it! You need a time out!" Um, no I don't. I'll rip my mail if I want to rip my mail. That goes double for all those darn credit card offers. I revel in ripping those to sheds with my bare hands. Who needs a stinking shredder?
While turning on the Play Station 3 to use it to switch over to the cartoons we have stored on the computer it flashed on the hockey game that was currently in the console. Ian saw the image of the hockey player on the screen and said "Not hockey! I don't like hockey. I can't watch hockey!" I am pretty sure I heard his father weeping.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
1 comment:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He is so cute! "Duck duck goose up there!"
ReplyDelete