Monday, October 10, 2011

8 & 9: Weekend Review

The weekend was busy and I totally forgot about posting pictures.  Clearly this posting a picture a day thing I going to need to happen again another month for me to succeed.

On Saturday morning we were planning to go to a petting farm with Ian, but something better came along.  Sarah texted me that her husband was sick so their plans for the day were out, after a quick text inviting her up to visit with us, we were on to bigger and better adventures. 

While we waiting for Sarah to arrive Ian and I got to work cleaning up the house and then we got out the rest of our Halloween decorations.  Ian helped me to put up this little cemetery in the front yard.  This picture was taken on Sunday as he played around the fake stones with his foam sward and shield.  

photo 5.JPG


After Sarah arrived we packed up Ian and went out for an adventure.  We stopped for snacks and had some very delicious pumpkin pie ice cream. After out treats we went out to Mill Pond park and went for a long walk pulling Ian in his wagon.  It was so beautiful out.  It was sunny and warm but there were leaves on the ground and more floating down on the trails as we walked.  So, so beautiful.

I was having a getting close to nature sort of day after I nearly stepped on a grasshopper and a little snake.  Sarah saw the snake first and gasped as I was about to step on it.  After I noticed him I did a dramatic backward interpretive dance to get away.  The snake looked pretty freaked out as well, especially after I chased after him to get a picture.  Snakes can move fast, yo.

photo 1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).