Monday, January 18, 2010

Venting: Home Work

I have to give it to all the working mom's out there. The superhero mom's who work a full day, keep their homes clean, dishes done, laundry done, and still have patience to spare at the end of the day for their families.

While I am a working mom, I am hardly one of those superhero mom's. I just cannot seem to get a handle on doing it all. Something is always being neglected. Something is always undone...and that something is usually me by the end of the day.

How do working mom's do it? How can I manage to get my house in order without going insane because I work in various capacities from dawn until well past dusk every day? How can I have play time with my son without worrying every second that I need to be doing laundry, washing dishes, picking up the mountain of stuff on my dining room take, etc?

I need a vacation. I need a vacation from work so that I can get all my home work done.

3 comments:

  1. YES. I can't tell you how often I've thought about paying for a babysitter just so I can get the housework done. And then I think the money would be better spent if I pay for someone to clean my house while I play with my kids. And then I realize that I don't have the money for either and since I don't "work" outside of my children I should have the time to get it all done. And by that time it's dinner and the kids are freaking out all over the place and I gaze across my disastrous house and accept that the only thing that will get finished is my glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it... but I give you credit for just trying! Kids rather scare me still..just not ready for that yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Sister. I'm right there w/ you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).