The current state of the economy and my bank account have deemed it impossible to take a vacation with my family this summer. It would be great if we could get away from our house and avoid the old Stay'cation. So we have been thinking of cheap ways that we can enjoy a relaxing time away from home and have come up with an alternative. We are going to call it the Thumb'cation (a term coined by my dear friend Sarah). A thumb'cation is a vacation to the thumb of Michigan, which also happens to be the home of my in-laws. We can stay in their spare room and enjoy a relaxing long weekend in the country without spending much money at all. We can ride the Trail Wagon around, Chris and his dad can shot clay pigeons, and Ian and I can play and chill out with Grandma. Perfect!
Since this vacation idea is so cheap we can take another 'cation later in the summer to my parents and to visit my dear Sarah. I think that we will call that one a Detroit'cation with a detour to a RoyalOak'cation.
It may not be the perfect vacation but at least we will get some time away and get to relax without missing a lot of work and spending a ton of money we don't have.
Will you be traveling this summer? What are your plans to keep your vacation on budget?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).