Monday, June 01, 2009

An Open Letter to The Red Wings

Dear the Detroit Red Wings,

Congratulations on making it to the final round of the play offs this year! I am so excited that you are up two games to zero against the Pittsburgh Penguins. I know that you will be able to whoop their butts and take home the Stanley Cup yet again this year.

As you may have heard, my husband is a huge fan of all things hockey. You are his favorite team but he follows every team in the NHL, OHL and even the AHL. He watches game after game on television. He goes to any hockey game that he can manage to get tickets to on our small budget. He reads for what seems like hours daily about all the news and gossip related to hockey, hockey games, and hockey players. He has a hockey jersey collection that takes up more room in our closet than all my clothes combined. He even plays hockey via a game on his PlayStation 3. All this can be a bit overwhelming to me, in addition to keeping my husband from enjoying family time with me and his son for 9 of the 12 months in a year.

So, I am writing to ask that you sweep the Penguins and win the cup as quickly as you can so that I can have my husband back. I only get three months without hockey in my life and I am ready for that time to get started right now.

Good luck and we will be watching and cheering you along.

Sincerely,
One very overly hockey-ed out wife.

1 comment:

  1. An amusing post! Very cute.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).