Thursday, December 15, 2005

Jessica

My parents just got a new dog, named Jessica. They adopted her this past weekend, and she is starting to find her place in the family. Whoever she was rescued from was neglecting her, and she was over 20 lbs. underweight. She is gaining and learning that her new "people" will treat her good and more importantly feed her! My mom has reported that Jessica is learning tricks and commands very quickly. I am looking forward to meeting my new "doggie sister" when I go home for Christmas.

I don't know how anyone could treat one of their animals badly. For me our pets have always been like part of the family. I can't even imagine leaving one of our dogs outside overnight let alone not feeding them or keeping them chained up out back with no shelter. Hopefully, Chris and I will be able to find a nice puppy to rescue and make part of our family.

We would like a smaller size dog. Chris really wants to get a Pug and I think that Yorkies are just the cutest little things. More likely we will end up with a mutt from the local animal shelter. A dog that needs a home sounds much more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).