
Last night before bed I heard something in the attic. After having Chris turn off the sound on his hockey game it was quite clear what the sound was. THERE IS SOMETHING LIVING IN OUR ATTIC!!! From the sounds it was as if the creature was trying to find a good nest for the night. I would say that it is about squirrel size. Chris is pretty sure he knows how it got in. While pulling snow off the the roof he discovered a spot that needs to be tarred. There is probably a hole right there just right for the critter it squeeze in. The next dry day we have that hole will need to be filled. I just hope our unwelcome tenant doesn't get down in the main part of the house. Yikes! That would not be good. I think we need a cat.
A funny tid-bit from people watching. Last night at Applebees we had a lovely dinner. The lady at the booth near us however had a bad but educational dinner. She ordered "blackened chicken" and complained to the waitress that it was overdone and "tasted burnt". From the tone in her voice it was all the waitress could do to explain to this poor lady that in fact was what blackened chicken was. In the end the lady sent her chicken back and ordered something else. When the menu says that something is black it shouldn't be much of a surprise that it would be black when you order it. She gave us a good laugh though.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).