I was tired and slept in just a little too long. Not that big of a deal, but it seemed to get the ball rolling downhill.
Mason was forcefully begging for food, as if I hadn't fed him in a week and he would die if I didn't feed him RIGHT NOW! He was putting on a complete show including crying, barking, scratching, pacing, and generally driving my crazy. (He had to wait for Eddie's food to get soggy, since Eddie has teeth problems.)
Ian was whining that he didn't want to go to day care today. He even went so far as to say he would be a good boy if we left him home today. As in, he would be brave and good if we just went to work and left him at home with the dogs! I don't think so little dude!
Because he already didn't want to go to day care, Ian just couldn't decide what toy to take with him today. He stood around crying over not being able to choose until he was given a toy and marched out the door 10 minutes late!
Ian cried all the way to day care. I even drove the long way to give him more time to calm down. It isn't like day care doesn't have a million other toys to play with! He was just having none of it. I don't entirely blame him, I didn't want to go to work either.
I didn't have enough time to get a much needed cup of coffee!
When I got to work I discovered that the light directly over my desk has burned out, plunging only my cubical into darkness. It is like the cloud over my head manifesting itself for all to see. I think it actually started to turn my morning around. Sitting in the darkness just makes me want to laugh and how ridiculous this morning has been.
So this Friday in disguise as a Monday has to get better from here.
Besides one week from this exact moment that I am typing this sentence, I will be several thousand feet up in an airplane going to see my friends. That alone is brightening my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).