Thursday, June 06, 2013

Bits-and-Pieces

A few updates and short stories.

Ian's new reward/punishment plan is working.  We had to make a change to allow a small reward every day instead of the possibility of every other day.  Ian spent so much time begging he ended up losing points.  Now he starts the day with 5 points and if he keeps them until after dinner he can earn a half hour on the iPad or something from my grab bag.  So far he prefers iPad time, which I like better as well.  We certain have no need to add any more cheap plastic toys to our household.

Speaking of toys, this weekend we will be purging Ian's toy collection.  The other night Ian was having trouble going to sleep.  Two hours into trying to get him to finally go to sleep I talked with him about what the problem was that he couldn't relax.  He told me that his toys scared him.  So we are going to purge until everything fits in the closet and under his bed.  That way nothing will show in his room at night.  Goodwill is going to love us.



Eddie our sweet older pug is going to be having surgery on Monday to remove several teeth that are bothering him.  I noted that he has been a little droopy and sad looking lately.  So I started watching him more and I noticed those teeth that stick out and give him that adorable crooked smile of his seemed to be pointed further out that usual.  Most of his lower teeth between the canines seem to be wiggly.  After visiting the vet we found out that he has an upper tooth that is cracked as well.  So, before they begin to rot the vet will remove them and clean his teeth as well.  Send the poor old pug your thoughts if you would.  At least he will get "gravy" with his meals from now on since I will have to wet his food to make it mushy.  I will miss that crooked smile, but his health is certainly more important than a few teeth! 



2 comments:

  1. Poor puggy, hope his surgery goes well! Dixie goes in tomorrow for a well check (she's been gaining weight) so I'm nervous too. Hate having to go to the vet!!! Also, I bet that toy purge will feel AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of Eddie. I just had Tonya in yesterday because she's having a respiratory (?) thing of some sort. Same exact thing happened last year in June and we spent a small fortune on x-rays and tests then gave her $40 of meds to fix it. This time, straight to the meds. Silly pets, making us all worried and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).