Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wee Bit Wednesday



{one} what is your dream job?
I would love to work on the set of movies or a TV show.  What goes on behind the scenes really intrigues me and I think it would be something I was good at.  For example the costume department or something like that.  Since I have no plans to move to LA or NY in my lifetime I will just have to let this one just be a dream.

{two} how many best friends do you have?
Besides my husband, who I consider to be my best friend, I have two best girlfriends.  Sarah I met in college and she was the person to introduce me to my husband, Chris.  She and I don’t go a week without emailing these days and I live for our visits and chats.  Chantel, is a dear friend I met through my husband.  At the time she was dating my husband’s co-worker and friend, Dan.  They are now married and live down the street from us with their daughter.  I’m so lucky to have them in my life.

{three} what’s the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?
Our drive to our honeymoon destination in the Poconos was the longest road trip I have ever been on and I would be happy to never again drive that far away.  The vacation was awesome through and I loved it in Pennsylvania. 

{four} if you had to do one single thing every day for the next year, what would it be?
That is a tough question.  Is it the single and only thing I had to do all day or just something I had to do every day all year?  Since I would probably be miserable doing the same thing every waking minute for a year I am going to go with something I had to do daily for a year.  I would pick sewing.  As long as I am not making a big mess of whatever I am trying to make (which has happened) it is really calming to sew and watch that needle bob up and down so perfecting weaving something out of fabric and thread.

{five} what’s one story your family always tells about you?
I’m told that when I was still very small I wandered away in a store.  They found me playing in another aisle because I dropped whatever I was holding and said “ah shit!” I’m sure they are very proud.

{six} how did your parents pick your name?
I was named Melinda after my sister Melissa.  We share a middle name but growing up my mom called her “Lis” and me “Lin”.  Through most of high school I wished I had a different name so I wouldn't get called "Melin-DUH" anymore, but now that I am older and (hopefully) wiser I love my name.  There are not that many Melinda’s around, and now that I am past that wanting to fit in high school years crap, having a rather unique name is great. 

{seven} what’s the one thing that scares you more than anything?
Something happening to my son is my worst fear.  I have waking nightmares about him being hurt in different ways and my mind flies through all the scenarios of what I would do to save him.  I don’t know if I could live without him.

{eight} are you a good cook?
I am not a good cook.  I would call myself more of a mediocre cook who can make a few things that taste good but can only make a handful of meals that I feel confident won’t taste like feet.

{nine} where do you see yourself in 20 years?
I hope in 20 years I am mother to a grown son who has already found his life’s passion and is successful in making a living doing something he loves.  Hopefully we will have raised him to be a good man.  In 20 years, I hope we managed to take some time to travel and that we will have saved so we don't have to fear retirement.  On a more vain note, I hope that in 20 years I will have aged as gracefully as my mother, who doesn't come close to looking her age.

{ten} what’s your best childhood memory?
I have fond memories of playing with all the kids on the block from dawn until dusk all summer long.  I can’t remember one particular instance that was memorable but the summers as a whole; when all we had to do all day was have fun, play and not hold the front door open letting the heat in.

3 comments:

  1. good to meet you and get to know you a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh..."can only make a handful of meals that I feel confident won’t taste like feet." Loved that line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers! I consider you a dear friend too my dear. Hopefully we can both age gracefully together and have raised successful, nice children!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).