Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bits-and-Pieces

1. Last night after snuggling into bed for the night both dogs joined me.  Mason curled up in between my legs and Eddie wiggled under the blanket and into my armpit.  The way Eddie was laying his chin rested in my armpit and my arm was around him.  It was cozy and warm and I was drifting to sleep.  Chris joined us and reached over to touch me.  In the dark he didn't see what he was touching and touched Eddie's head instead.  I think the fur shocked him a little because he said to me, jokingly, "I think you need to shave your pits."  Then he asked which dog was curled up there.  Sadly, my laughing at his shaving comment disturbed the dogs and and I lost my snuggle buddies for most of the night. 

2. I think it is kind of weird, but also really cool, how comforting someone just laying a hand on you for a moment can be.  After the situation I wrote about above I was thinking about it and Chris and I both just reach out for each other randomly.  It is almost as if we are checking to see if the other person is real or something, but that simple touch is so comforting. 

3. Tonight I am going to go and pick up two motorcycle helmets for my mother-in-law.  That is a situation I never would have imagined.  My sweet mother-in-law and a motorcycle.  We went on Saturday to the dealer to look at the helmets and Ian looked at the rows of motorcycles and exclaimed "I want to ride one."  Someone help me.

photo 4.JPG

4. The patience of some artists amaze and intrigue me. (Photos from local Street Festival)

photo 1.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 4.JPG
This one was as big as a queen size bed!

2 comments:

  1. Ian in the helmet is just too precious. Just make sure he knows you have to be at least 37 to legally ride a motorcycle, even as a passenger.

    And also, maybe shave your armpits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it so sweet, the part about you and Chris just reaching out to each other randomly. That's awesome. <3

    And that street festival art rocks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).