Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend Review

It was a busy weekend, but it was a great weekend too.  On Thursday night I went with my friends Sarah and Chantel to see the final installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two.  We saw it in 3D and I thought the movie was so good.  Like part one they did a great job injecting a few funny moments in to lighten up the very heavy plot line.  Overall it was very much a fun night, minus being eaten alive by mosquitoes while we waited to get inside for the show.

photo 5.JPG

Sarah stayed in town on Friday so I took the day off work so we could enjoy a few adventures before she went home.  On just 4 hours of sleep we got the day started with some exercise.  Sarah went on her morning run and I went for a bike ride (I knew there was no way I could keep up with her running.)  After that we went to breakfast and took a walk on some trails I had not been on before in town.  They followed the river and it was a great walk and even better conversation.  Sarah has to leave after we took a little tour of campus so I could show her the changes since we graduated.

photo 3.JPG

Saturday we went to check out a potential campground and then came back to town and I helped to watch our friend's daughter Isabelle while they moved stuff into their new house, just down the street.  {Welcome to the neighborhood Dan, Chantel and Isabelle!} Ian and Isabelle are really good friends and they seem to really enjoy playing together.  It really melted my heart when I brought Isabelle into the house and she shouted out "hi Ian!"  Ian had been begging to visit her all week so naturally he was overjoyed to see her too.

photo 2.JPG

The kids also played at Isabelle's new house, while Chris helped Dan and Chantel installed their window air conditioner.  It was so hot in their house, it was down right miserable for moving.  Thankfully the a/c was put in and ready to rock to cool their new house down before bedtime.   I felt so badly for them moving during what looks to be the hottest week of the summer.  Isn't that always the way it goes though? 

photo 5.JPG

Dan and Chantel were given a king size bed not long back and it would not fit in the new house.  Since it was in really good shape we traded them our old snow blower for the bed.  It may not be our ideal mattress but oh my it is nice to have a king size bed!  I can finally sleep with some room for my feet now that the dogs have room to stretch out without taking over my space.  We moved our bed into Ian's room.  It takes up a lot of room but it will be nice that I can lay down with him without clinging to the edge of his little bed.  We are so thankful for the new-to-us bed. 

The twin mattress that was Ian's is currently up against the wall in our living room.  We haven't decided what to do with it yet, but one of the possibilities up on the table is to leave it in the living room, build a little base for it and get some very large pillows to turn it into a couch-like sitting space.  If we do that, then it is pretty much official that our house decor is just MacGyvered together like something from a ghetto version of Trading Spaces.  However, it would be a really comfy place to sprawl out to read a book.  Oh the first world problems I have.

3 comments:

  1. I remember several episodes of Trading Spaces that involved using twin mattresses as living room sofas. Some of the designers made it work better than others. We had two mattresses crammed into our guestroom when we lived in NY and it was the best lounging area in the apartment. Sometimes I miss that place.

    I'm glad you had a good weekend. Ian & Isabelle are so adorable together - I'm happy he has a friend so nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the last pic of Ian & Isabelle. So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A King Size Bed! I'm sort of jealous. We have a full size and we really need a bigger one. J sleeps in the middle and I try not to fall off the side all night. Haha.

    I think a twin size bed, on a base with a bunch of pillows would be an awesome place to hang and read. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).