Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Serenade

Day two on the camp ground and we were getting ready to head into town for breakfast. A girl walks by with two dogs. It isn't uncommon for people with dogs to pass often, usually with a simple "hi" or a wave. Not this young lady, she asks " Do you like rap?" I answered, " no, not really but thank you" not really sure what was she getting at.

The girl then says, "My mom says I have a beautiful singing voice and that I should share it." So I told her to go for it. What could it hurt? Then she would be happy and leave us to finish getting ready.

So she sang Down by Jay Sean. The. Whole. Song. Including the rap.

I tried to applauld to get get her to stop, but we were in it to the end. When her reached the end she just said "that's it.". I told her to go tell her mom that she got to sing for someone. She and her dogs then started to walk back where they came from. I can just imagine how embarrassed her mom will be when she hears the story.

Sill enjoyed it because I'm sure it made her very happy, and we won't soon forget it.

4 comments:

  1. Joe and I noted on a recent trip that we no longer have experiences, we have blog posts. Either way, it's certainly not a memory you'll forget any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Must be some weirdos camping near you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Oh my word! That's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bizarre and funny! How old was she?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).