1. This weekend I took Ian to our local fair called Summer Festival. We played games in the little kid section, which are free and ALWAYS yield a prize for the small ones. Ian liked getting to play different games with his friend Isabelle that went with us. He also played a game where you pick a duck and it shows if you are a winner. Of course he was (because they all say win) and he picked out and inflatable hammer that is about 3 feet long with a squeaker on the end. It makes a very satisfying squeak every time he bops me on the head.
2. At the fair Ian did not care for the rides at all. We had to pull him off the little train ride becuase he started crying and trying to escape, and I went with him on the carousel and had to hold him until he got comfortable with the rise. After he felt safe he started to enjoy spinning around and around on his little horse.
3. Sunday we went to a dog play group with Mason and Eddie. They got to run around and sniff with other little dogs, and we were able to meet some of Eddie's prior owner's family. The family, particularly Eddie's prior owners mother, want to stay in touch. They couldn't take in Eddie but don't want to never see him again either. I'm content to send pictures and meet at the play group with him now and then so they can visit. I can't imagine how hard it is for them.
4. Ian is counting, like for real counting. He knows 1 through 10 and can say them in mostly the right order. It came fast. He was staying "2, 1, 2, 1, 2" to count one day and the next after I had him repeat 1 through 10 he started saying them. Sometimes he skips a few, but he knows them.
5. On Sunday June 26th, I'm hosting a Discover Canning party via House Party. The general gist of the party is that House Party sends me the things I need to host the party, and coupons for what they don't send. They are sending pectin, tools, instructions, and coupons to buy the jars. I will have to supply the strawberries we are going to learn to can, along with a couple guests who are going to bring along some berries. I have no idea how to can so it will be interesting to learn. Hopefully it will be a fun time too! I'll defiantly post about it afterward and might even have something to give away too!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
2 comments:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The canning party sounds like so much fun! I don't know how to can either. I applied for a House Party once and didn't get it. Very cool that you got chosen.
ReplyDeleteYay for Ian's couting!
ReplyDeleteThat canning party sounds interesting. I've never canned. I'm sure it's a good way to do things but it seems like loads and loads of work! Looking forward to reading your report. :)