This morning I had a conversation with a co-worker about kids views on their parents intelligence and how their opinion varies with age. It was determined that the following is true.
Child's Age: 1-3
Parents might as well be Gods because they the most wonderful and brilliant creatures that ever existed. They can fix every problem and are always there to guide and assist with any need.
Child's Age: 4-10
Parents are brilliant and while they are maybe not the smartest people ever on the list of most brilliant, they hold a place somewhere just below Einstein on the list.
Child's Age: 11-13
Parents level of intelligence suddenly drops somewhere below the turnip on the list of brilliance. It truly is a wonder parents can get out of bed to dress and feed themselves at this point.
Child's Age: 14-20
Parents intelligence varies but the general trend is that they climb that list of brilliance one agonizing rung at a time during this period of time.
Child's Age: 21+
Parents finally manage to climb back up the list of brilliance to just below the level of their own child.
Here, on the list of brilliance, parents will stay until their child has their own children. At that point the parents' children suddenly realize how much crap their parents put up with from them all this time. Clearly that makes parents brilliant again, for keeping their mouths shut and just waiting for the day their children will have kids of their own and they will get to experience this for themselves.
(Note: this post is meant to be funny. In no way did I ever think my parents were less smart than a turnip. Completely "uncool" but defiantly smarter than a turnip.)
Friday, May 20, 2011
3 comments:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, I like this. :)Although, I don't remember ever going through the phase where I thought I was smarter than my parents. On the ohter hand I know a 24 yr old who still thinks she's smarter than her Mom.
ReplyDeleteI like that..."less smart than a turnip." Kind of dreading the day that my kids think that about me. :)
ReplyDelete"Parents level of intelligence suddenly drops somewhere below the turnip" Hahaha..Apt observation.
ReplyDelete