Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bits-and-Pieces

 1. I have been working on little sewing projects just kind of making it up as I go along.  Patterns and I don't really seem to be getting along very well yet, so I'm going to stick to smaller projects unless I can really focus on getting a pattern project right.  My skirt is still not done, but hopefully I can work on it in peace sometime soon.

Snack bags:  I made five of theses and they are great for Ian's snacks.  We just have to make sure that he doesn't throw them away.  I have had to go fishing in the trash can for theses bags a couple times already.
051511 001
Sewing Machine Cover:  I made this one over the weekend from a half yard of my favorite fabric.  A while back I found this fabric and decided to go back and get enough to make a skirt.  When I went back there was just under a yard of it left.  I'm glad to have found a way for it to still be somewhere I will see it often!
051511 033

2. Chris and I decided that next year for our tenth anniversary we are going to go and stay at the Thomas Edison Inn for a night.  We were married at the Thomas Edison Inn, right in the courtyard outside the room where our reception was held, with the Blue Water Bridge as a backdrop.  Since we will be near the area in June we are going to go see if they will allow us to book now to get this years package pricing.  Maybe they will even toss in a deal since we got married there.  One can hope right?

3.  I'm getting sick of rain.  We wanted to get started assembling Ian's swing set that he got last year from his Grandma and Grandpa Stacer.  Unfortunately it has been rainy the last two weekends.  So everyone please send positive thoughts that this weekend will be nice enough to get started! 

4.  Ian skinned his knee at day care on Friday, so we spent the whole weekend reassuring him that the scab was OK and that it will heal and be all better soon.  He also had a scratch on his belly and at one point he pulled up his shirt to check that out as well.  While he was inspecting to make sure it wasn't suddenly fatal he noticed his nipple and became very upset.  He thought that it too was a boo-boo and asked for a tissue.  Ian patted and scrubbed at his little nipple trying to clean it off himself.  I had to take him to the living room and make Chris show him that he also had a nipple so that Ian would calm down.  After a while he finally settles down about it but he still looked very suspicious of our assurance it was suppose to be there.  It was pretty much adorable but I couldn't help but giggle and call his grandparents to tell them the story. 


5.  I still haven't seen Water for Elephants and this makes me very sad.  It is one of my favorite books and I really want to see the movie in the theater.  I need to just leave and go see it even if it is inconvenient.  Perhaps on Thursday night after Chris comes back from Chicago.

6.  Speaking of Chicago, I'm still really bummed out that Chris gets to go to both Chicago this week and Orlando next month.  Scratch that, I'm not bummed out, I'm totally and completely jealous.  I want to be able to travel!  (boo hiss)

3 comments:

  1. Those snack bags are adorable. Did you line them with anything or is it just the fabric?

    I love the sewing machine cover, pretty!

    I think you should just go see your movie! If you continue to wait for the perfect time it will never come. (BRB while I go read this sentence into the mirror.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to see Water for Elephants this weekend. There are a lot of movies I'd like to catch up on, actually.

    I think you should TOTALLY try for a discount at the Inn due to the whole anniversary thing.

    Poor Ian with those pesky nipples. Pointless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nipple thing is SO funny!

    You are really talented with your sewing! I'm so impressed that you just "figure it out as you go."

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).