Tuesday night I received an email from the women that runs the local pug playgroup (a group that meets monthly so their pugs can play together; we have attended with Mason a few times.) She was passing along information to everyone involved in the group that a pug was in desperate need of a permanent home right away before the holiday weekend. After reading over the story of this little dog something in my gut told me that we really needed to look into adopting Eddie.
It was an overwhelming feeling to have my instinct telling me what to do when I have expressed many times that I don't know if we should have more than one dog. My heart was telling me that Eddie was different and he was meant to be with us at this point. Chris and I sat up late talking about it for a while and decided we could handle an addition to the household. So we emailed back that we would like to adopt Eddie.
This poor dog has been through so much in the past week. His owner passed away unexpectedly leaving Eddie and a female pug homeless. The parents of their owner could not take the dogs in and were overcome with grief so a friend at a pet resort (kennel) took the dogs in until they could find them a home. The girl pug seemed to be in good health and was playful with volunteer, but then shortly later the same day she passed away without any known cause. I kind of wonder if it was grief that killed the poor girl. Now Eddie is left with none of his companions and no home. They report that he seems healthy but will be vet checked to be sure, he is 6 years old and is fawn in coloring just like Mason. They also said that he was very good with the other animals at the resort and he is good with children.
Now we just wait to hear if anyone else has claimed him, otherwise by Friday we will have another dog.
I will keep you updated. Even if he doesn't come to live with us, I know it was the right thing to offer Eddie a home. Both Chris and I could visualize Ian laying on the floor with a dog on either side of him. Buddies to the end.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
8 comments:
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait to hear what happens with Eddie! I had no intention of becoming a two-cat household until Joe saw Rusty at an adopt-a-thon and he was just obsessed with the kitty. Poor Eddie has had a rough week and I bet Ian and Mason would love to be his new buddies.
ReplyDeleteThe biggest problem I foresee is what we will call him since Pug Sausage is already taken.
What a touching story! I'm so glad you offered...and I hope Eddie comes to live with you.
ReplyDeleteAww, So sweet of you to offer. I hope it all works out for the best and if that includes an edition to your home, Yay! :)
ReplyDeleteOh another pug! What fun! I heart pugs so much!!!! I want to get another one, it has been on my mind for some time but I think my husband would divorce me! Ha ha. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI love pugs! (as you know) How nice of you to take the little guy. I have been thinking about getting another pug for a while but I think my husband would divorce me! ha ha. I can't wait to see pics of little EDDIE!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pics of him! I have been thinking about another pug for some time but I think my husband would divorce me! Ha ha
ReplyDeleteSorry, didn't think it was posting and I guess it posted three times. Oops.
ReplyDeleteSorry Marissa! I had to turn on comment moderation because of a large number of spam messages I've been getting lately. I figured that was what happened but I don't have your email to contact you back. Thanks for the comments!
ReplyDelete