I have decided to write a haiku about trees. Here it goes...
red yellow orange brown
tree leaves so brightly changing
falling to the ground
The trees on my property refuse to give up their leaves. Flat out refuse...how rude!!! They will wait and drop them all after the fall leaf pick-up is over in our city. Last year the leaves seemed to fall all at once, and we were frantically raking mountains of leaves knee to waist deep to make it by the pick-up date that they thankfully extended by a week that year. We have two and a half weeks to the cut off date. In a week and a half, if the leaves don't start falling, you will likely see me doing some sort of ritualistic dance on the font lawn to make them fall. Let's hope that if that happens I do the dance correctly because I don't want to accidentally do a make-it-snow dance. I am so not ready for that! I don't even have snow boots yet!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).