Thursday, July 12, 2012

Last Weekend

Last weekend we took a little trip to my in-laws.  While there we took a little jaunt to the 4 Mile Beach on Lake Huron.  I had forgotten how nice it is to walk in the sand with the waves washing over my feet.  It was lovely.

Untitled

Untitled

Here is a little love note in the sand to my book club friends.  Love you ladies!  #jhbc

Untitled

Ian on the stairs back up from the beach.  There were a lot of stairs but they had a little platform every third step which helped a lot.  My calves were cramping after but it could have been a lot worse.  (I just realized I haven't blogged about the issues with my legs yet.  I should probably do that sometime soon so you understand this reference.)

Untitled

On this trip Eddie started something new, jumping up into Ian's lap in the car.  Hoo boy! Those two are trouble.  (Also, while on this trip Ian learned how to unbuckle his car seat using a toy for leverage to push in the button. Goodness, help me!)

Untitled

We had a lot of fun in the back yard.  I want a back yard like my in-laws (but I don't really want to do the work involved to get my crappy yard there.)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
(I tried to get a picture of my sister-in-law cramming smore into her mouth.  She was kind enough to pose for me since I didn't get my shot. Thanks!)

Untitled

The windmills were so pretty in the evening light.

Windmills

3 comments:

  1. Such great photos - and they have such a fun yard for the pups (and kid) to play in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooo #jhbc ! We love you right back!
    Great pictures! I love the look on both Ian's & Eddie's facies in the one in the car :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).