Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Heart #febphotoaday

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

My Valentine

Yesterday evening my son presented me with a Valentine he made at day care and said it was for my "happy birthday."  His misspeaking reminded me of in college when my roommate L would always misspeak "Happy Valentine's Day" and instead say "Happy Thanksgiving!"  She even made me a "Happy Thanksgiving" Valentine card, which I still have packed away in my memory box.  Her vocal slip was so funny and sweet, but as I think back on it she had it right.  Valentine's day is about reminding people how much you care about them and being thankful for them being in your life.  The flowers and chocolates are just a little icing on the cake.

Look what just showed up on my desk at work! It's from Chris and Ian!

What is your favorite Valentine's Day memory?  Mine is the year my husband sent me a dozen long stem red noses, yeah noses...as in red clown noses.  They were hilariously awesome and I loved them so much.  I sill have them packed away in my memory box too!  I guess I am just a sentimental fool like that.  

3 comments:

  1. Long-stemmed noses...so cute. :) And Ian's card is great! Chickie made some awesome Valentines for me at school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers & I love Ian's card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post, Melinda. I love the long-stemmed noses as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).