Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Blended Society

My son has this one particular toy and the way in which he plays with it amuses me to no end.  It is a toy blender that blends blocks of different shapes and colors while it, of course, sings ridiculous songs along the way. 

Those blocks are currently no where to be found, so my son has decided to put all of his Little People in the blender instead.  Little People of various persuasions; male, female, black, white, young, old.  He puts all those different types of Little People in that blender and blends them up.

What a great way to illustrate that while we are all different we share the same space on this earth and thus, blended up, we are all the same.

He has no idea how profound that Little People filled blender actually is.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome.

    I wish my kids played with those toys. They were given several sets of those toys and never, ever played with them. Maybe they just needed a blender...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).