My little boy has a big boy bed! (Our dog Mason is modeling said bed in the photo above since my son can't sit still long enough for a picture these days.) I can't believe that it is already time to put this kid in a actual bed; he is only one and a half!
It all started about a month ago when I put Ian into his pack n' play while I put laundry away. I turned around to find him digging his feet into the mesh sides of the play pen climbing his way to the top. He would have swung that leg over the top if I had not scooped him up.
Knowing that he was climbing and now seeing that he had the desire to climb out of his enclousers we knew that it was time to do away with the crib.
Our crib had the option to remove the side rail and replace it with a smaller bar to turn it into the toddler bed. It was our plan to do this until I got nervous that it would still be too high of a fall if he fell from bed. So we opted for the mattress set on the floor.
Two nights in the big boy bed, I have only had to get up once to settle him back to sleep in the night. Both mornings since he has been in his new bed he woke up around 5:30am. In the intrest of my getting to sleep a little longer I brought him back to bed with me for snuggles until it was a more appropriate time to get up.
I am trilled with our progress so far.
Way to go my big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).