Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Things

On Facebook recently everyone seems to be posting lists of 25 things people don't know about them. At first I found the concept to be a bit stupid. Maybe people don't need to know 25 things about me. Then I got to thinking that it might be hard to come up with 25 things most people don't know about me. So I took it as a challenge. I hope you learn something new about me...I think I might have learned something myself.

1. I was named after my half-sister.
2. I can't learn other languages. I tried to learn Spanish and German but I just can't seem to absorb them.
3. My favorite piece of music ever is Pachelbel's Canon. It makes my heart flutter and brings tears to my eyes.
4. I changed my major in college three times. First I was going to go into Psychology, then Photojournalism, then I graduated with a degree in Journalism concentrating in advertising. (I did end up with a minor in psychology.) Now I don't even work in the field my degree is in any more. I guess I just get bored being on the same path too long.
5. I still haven't found what religion best matches up with me beliefs. It isn't that I don't know what I believe, I just don't know if there is an organized religion out there that works for me.
6. I caught on fire once when the dumb ass put gasoline on a bonfire I was sitting next to. Stop, Drop and Roll people...it works!
7. When I had more free time (and spending money) I loved to paint and do sand art.
8. I covet a Nikon D90 (digital SLR camera)
9. I reluctantly loved the Twilight saga books, and I even tried to NOT like them. I even had a dream that I had dinner with Jasper, and a sleepover with Alice. Weird.
10. I organize my stuff when I am bored.
11. Reading a handful of daily blogs is something I look forward to every day.
12. I have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just watching my son sleep.
13. I once saw a bird fall from the sky dead.
14. My husband and I participated in a silly baby predictor test before we were dating and it revealed that we would both have 5 children, and they were the same sexes in the same order. Totally weird!
15. My husband and I looked into adopting my niece so she could go to CMU for free on our tuition waiver.
16. I am very jealous that my husband has been to Europe twice and I haven't been to any other country except Canada. I want to go to Italy and I want to see Paris.
17. I love my Very Bradley bag collection and I wish that I could get many more.
18. My scars make me feel strong like I lived through something.
19. I cut things out of catalogs and magazines and create room designs with them in a little binder that I keep just for this purpose.
20. I looked forward to having a house so I could paint it any color I wanted, but when I got a house I ended up paining it mostly neutral colors anyway.
21. One of my oldest friends I have never met in person. We have been penpals for almost two decades!
22. Secretly I wish that I had something good to write about because I want to publish a book someday.
23. I collect recipes and have made my own recipe books but I rarely do the cooking (my husband is the chef in our house.)
24. I am a breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment parent and never would I have imagined my self as such.
25. Reading celebrity gossip makes me feel happy and content to be in a stable relationship and thrilled that I have no real drama in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).