If you were a fruit or a vegetable, what would you be? Why?
I would be Rhubarb! It doesn't look all that delicious and it is known to be toxic (well its leaves are anyway) but it is super duper tasty, especially when cooked up into a pie. Oh... and it is a cool color!
Here is the most tasty of all rhubarb recipes, my mother-in-law's Rhubarb Dump Cake
Put the following ingredients into a greased 9 x 13 pan in even layers in the order that they are given.
Do not mix.
4 to 5 cups of cubed raw rhubarb
1 cup sugar (or Splenda)
1-small pkg. strawberry jello (may be sugar free)
1 white or yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Bake in 350 oven for one hour.
Delicious served warm.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).